Anxious Nation A Feature Documentary Exploring Anxiety and Kids
- 1 in 3 kids in the US suffers from generalized anxiety.
- 70% of teens (13-17) view anxiety and depression as a major problem.
- 50% of 18-22 year-olds feel lonelier and more isolated than seniors 72 and older.
- From August 2020 to February 2021, the percentage of adults with recent symptoms of an anxiety or a depressive disorder increased to 41.5%
- Suicide rates among 15-24 year-olds have tripled since the 1950s and is the 2nd most common cause of death among college students.
- The average wait time on college campuses for an initial mental health appointment ranges from 3-12 weeks.
- -In early 2021, there was a 51% increase in emergency room visits in the United States for suspected suicide attempts for adolescent girls.
- 60.3% of youth with major depression do not receive any mental health treatment.
"American adolescence is undergoing a drastic change. Three decades ago, the gravest public health threats to teenagers in the United States came from binge drinking, drunken driving, teenage pregnancy and smoking. These have since fallen sharply, replaced by a new public health concern: soaring rates of mental health disorders."
-New York Times
April 23, 2022
Kathy Ireland enjoys a global platform as a result of proven leadership in human rights advocacy, the support of millions of women, as well as families, who embrace her designs, products and services...
Academy Award winning documentary filmmaker and social justice advocate, Vanessa Roth has been creating and overseeing social impact international films, projects, campaigns, and companies for over 25 years.
Co-Director, Producer, Writer
Laura Morton has been involved in the entertainment industry for more than 25 years as a bestselling author, producer, speaker and entrepreneur.
Steve Purcell is a Grammy and Emmy award-winning Filmmaker, Producer, Director, and Editor.